ਬੇਅਦਬੀ ਕਾਂਡ: ਸਾਬਕਾ ਐੱਸ.ਐੱਸ.ਪੀ ਚਰਨਜੀਤ ਸ਼ਰਮਾ 8 ਦਿਨਾਂ ਪੁਲਿਸ ਰਿਮਾਂਡ ‘ਤੇ
Probe by the Special Investigating Team (SIT) into the police firing at Behbal Kalan and Bargari entered a crucial phase with the arrest of former Moga SSP Charanjit Sharma on Sunday. He was produced before Faridkot Duty Magistrate Chetan Sharma tonight who remanded him in eight-day police custody.
Sharma allegedly headed a team of cops that opened fire on a crowd protesting incidents of sacrilege at Behbal Kalan on October 14, 2015.Sharma was arrested from his house in Hoshiarpur at 3 am. Raids were also conducted to arrest former Mansa SSP Raghbir Singh Sandhu, former Faridkot SP Bikramjit Singh and former SHO Bajakhana Amarjit Kler. Sources said they are likely to move a petition against their arrest tomorrow.
SIT member Kunwar Vijay Pratap (IG) said Sharma’s arrest was a must as he could have “fled.” Sharma’s questioning holds the key to the mystery behind as to who ordered the police firing that resulted in the death of two persons. His statement would reveal if the decision on opening fire on the crowd was taken on the spot or if directions came from then DGP Sumedh Saini, or the CM. Within days of the incident, Sharma was suspended and subsequently retired compulsorily.The Congress government in August last year ordered that Sharma and four others be named in the Behbal Kalan case. Subsequently, his name was mentioned in the FIR on the basis of Justice Ranjit Singh Commission report. The commission was set up to probe cases of sacrilege in the state. Accused Charanjit Sharma, former Mansa SSP Sandhu, SP Faridkot Bikramjit Singh and SHO Kler could not be questioned as they had obtained a stay from the High Court. The stay was vacated on January 25.
Kler had alleged assault on cops
Faridkot: Hours after the SIT arrested former Moga SSP Charanjit Singh in Hoshiarpur, the CIA staff in Faridkot raided the residence of Amarjit Singh Kler, the former SHO of Bajakhana, but in vain. Narinder Singh, the in-charge of the CIA staff in Faridkot, said Kular’s family members told them he had left for an undisclosed place.
Interestingly, a second case was filed on October 14, 2015, in which Kler was the complainant. He had alleged attack on a police team by ‘unknown’ persons when told to lift the Kotkapura-Bathinda road blockade.
Bhai Krsishan Bhagwan Singh and Bhai Gurjeet Singh, who were killed in police firing at Behbal Kalan on 14 October 2015 [File Photo]
It is notable that while holding an inquiry into Behbal Kalan police firing incident of 14 October 2015, the Justice (Retd.) Ranjit Singh found that these cops, besides others, were responsible for opening gunfire on Sikh sangat who were holding a peaceful demonstration seeking arrest of those who had committed beadbi of Guru Granth Sahib at Bargari village.
On the recommendations of the commission, the Punjab government had included names of these cops in an FIR registered in relation to the firing incident.
It is also pertinent to note here that the commission was appointed by the Punjab government in April 2017 under the provisions of the Commission of Inquiries Act, 1952. The commission found that the police action against Sikh sangat at Kotkapura and Behbal Kalan was unprovoked and unwarranted.
SSP Charanjit Sharma and other petitioners have reportedly maintained in his petition that the commission of inquiry cannot act as investigation officer. Petitioners have also alleged that he was not issued notice before recording their statements and they were not given opportunity to defend themselves.
They have also maintained that the neither the Justice Ranjit Singh Commission was in continuity of Justice Zora Singh Commission appointed by the previous SAD (Badal)-BJP government in Punjab nor it was appointed after issuing notification discarding appointment of previous commission.
As per information the High Court has installed stay on proceedings against the petitioners and issued a notice to Punjab government for September 20.
ਬੇਅਦਬੀ ਕਾਂਡ: ਸਾਬਕਾ ਐੱਸ.ਐੱਸ.ਪੀ ਚਰਨਜੀਤ ਸ਼ਰਮਾ 8 ਦਿਨਾਂ ਪੁਲਿਸ ਰਿਮਾਂਡ ‘ਤੇ,ਫਰੀਦਕੋਟ: ਬਹਿਬਲ ਕਲਾਂ ਗੋਲੀਕਾਂਡ ਮਾਮਲੇ ‘ਚ ਬੀਤੇ ਦਿਨ SIT ਵੱਲੋਂ ਹੁਸ਼ਿਆਰਪੁਰ ਤੋਂ ਗ੍ਰਿਫਤਾਰ ਕੀਤੇ ਗਏ ਸਾਬਕਾ ਐੱਸ.ਐੱਸ.ਪੀ ਚਰਨਜੀਤ ਸ਼ਰਮਾ ਨੂੰ ਸਖ਼ਤ ਸੁਰੱਖਿਆ ਪ੍ਰਬੰਧਾਂ ਹੇਠ ਬੀਤੀ ਰਾਤ ਕਰੀਬ 10 ਵਜੇ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਫ਼ਰੀਦਕੋਟ ਦੇ ਜੁਡੀਸ਼ੀਅਲ ਮਜਿਸਟਰੇਟ ਚੇਤਨਾ ਸ਼ਰਮਾ ਅੱਗੇ ਪੇਸ਼ ਕੀਤਾ ਗਿਆ। ਜਿਸ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਡਿਊਟੀ ਮੈਜਿਸਟਰੇਟ ਨੇ ਸਾਬਕਾ ਐੱਸ.ਐੱਸ.ਪੀ ਚਰਨਜੀਤ ਸ਼ਰਮਾ ਨੂੰ 8 ਦਿਨ ਦੇ ਪੁਲਿਸ ਰਿਮਾਂਡ ‘ਤੇ ਭੇਜ ਦਿੱਤਾ ਹੈ।
ਦੱਸ ਦੇਈਏ ਕਿ ਇਹ ਪੇਸ਼ੀ ਚੇਤਨਾ ਸ਼ਰਮਾ ਦੀ ਰਿਹਾਇਸ਼ ਤੇ ਕੀਤੀ ਗਈ।
ਜ਼ਿਕਰ ਏ ਖਾਸ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਬੀਤੇ ਦਿਨ ਵਿਸ਼ੇਸ਼ ਟੀਮ ਵੱਲੋਂ ਸਾਬਕਾ ਐੱਸ ਐੱਸ ਪੀ ਨੂੰ ਉਸ ਦੀ ਰਿਹਾਇਸ਼ ਤੋਂ ਗ੍ਰਿਫ਼ਤਾਰ ਕੀਤਾ ਗਿਆ ਸੀ। ਉਥੇ ਹੀ SIT ਦੇ ਮੁਖੀ ਕੁੰਵਰ ਵਿਜੇ ਪ੍ਰਤਾਪ ਦਾ ਕਹਿਣਾ ਹੈ ਕਿ ਚਰਨਜੀਤ ਸ਼ਰਮਾ ਵਿਦੇਸ਼ ਭੱਜਣ ਦੀ ਫਿਰਾਕ ਵਿੱਚ ਸਨ, ਜਿਸ ਤੋਂ ਬਾਅਦ ਵਿਸ਼ੇਸ਼ ਟੀਮ ਵੱਲੋਂ ਕਾਰਵਾਈ ਕਰਦਿਆਂ ਉਸ ਨੂੰ ਦਬੋਚ ਲਿਆ ਗਿਆ।
ਦੱਸ ਦੇਈਏ ਕਿ ਜ਼ਿਲ੍ਹਾ ਫਰੀਦਕੋਟ ਦੇ ਪਿੰਡ ਬਹਿਬਲ ਕਲਾਂ ‘ਚ ਲਗਭਗ ਸਾਢੇ ਤਿੰਨ ਵਰ੍ਹੇ ਪਹਿਲਾਂ ਵਾਪਰੇ ਇਸ ਮਾਮਲੇ ‘ਚ ਸਰਕਾਰ ਨੇ 3 ਪੁਲਿਸ ਅਧਿਕਾਰੀਆਂ ਨੂੰ ਨਾਮਜ਼ਦ ਕੀਤਾ ਸੀ।