Dear Parents and Guardians, (Blue Whale Suicide Game)
We have a duty of care to protect our pupils and we are striving to do all we can to ensure that you are given the latest information to help safeguard our young people.
Whilst I was in the United Kingdom at Easter my attention was directed to a game that I feel you should be aware of. The game appears under several names including ‘The Blue Whale Game‘, ‘A Silent House‘, ‘A Sea of Whale‘ and ‘Wake Me Up at 2.40a.m.’ It is played on many social media applications.
Players are given a Master who controls them for 50 days and each day they are given a task to complete. Theses tasks include waking up in the middle of the night and also scratching a whale or other objects somewhere on their body. These task steadily escalate until the 50th day when the Master behind the game instructs the young person to commit suicide. I have to report that, sadly, many young people in the United Kingdom, Russia and other countries throughout the world have fallen victim.
As a College we have blocked all of the sites on our computers so that pupils are not able to access them, these include Facebook and Twitter.
Parents not only need to be aware of this but need to monitor much more closely sites their wards are using on the internet, including their mobile phones. Whilst the internet can be used for good it can also be used for evil, as in this case.
Please continue to support us in our duty of care and in keeping all our young people safe.
THE 14-YEAR-OLD BOY GAVE HIS LIFE IN THE WAKE OF THE ‘BLUE WHALE CHALLENGE
Has Blue Whale Resulted In The Death Of 130 Russian Teens?
What Is The Blue Whale Game?
How To Play The Blue Whale Challenge
he game’s administrators or curator find players through “death groups” or “suicide groups” set up on VK.com (VKontakte). Police in Russia have shut down several of these groups in recent years but say that as soon as one is shut down, another starts up and this has driven them underground.
I want to play the game.
Are you sure? There’s no way back.
Yes. What does that mean? There’s no way back?
You can’t leave the game once you begin.
Carry out each task diligently and no one must know about it. When you finish the task, you send me a photo. At the end of the game, you die. Are you ready?
And if I wanna get out?
I have all your information, they will come after you.
Advertisement ‐ Content Continues Below.
Complete List Of Blue Whale Challenges
2. Wake up at 4.20 a.m. and watch psychedelic and scary videos that curator sends you.
3. Cut your arm with a razor along your veins, but not too deep, only 3 cuts, send a photo to the curator.
4. Draw a whale on a sheet of paper, send a photo to curator.
5. If you are ready to “become a whale”, carve “YES” on your leg. If not, cut yourself many times (punish yourself).
6. Task with a cipher.
7. Carve “f40” on your hand, send a photo to curator.
8. Type “#i_am_whale” in your VKontakte status.
9. You have to overcome your fear.
10. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to a roof (the higher the better)
11. Carve a whale on your hand with a razor, send a photo to curator.
12. Watch psychedelic and horror videos all day.
13. Listen to music that “they” (curators) send you.
14. Cut your lip.
15. Poke your hand with a needle many times
16. Do something painful to yourself, make yourself sick.
17. Go to the highest roof you can find, stand on the edge for some time.
18. Go to a bridge, stand on the edge.
19. Climb up a crane or at least try to do it
20. The curator checks if you are trustworthy.
21. Have a talk “with a whale” (with another player like you or with a curator) in Skype.
22. Go to a roof and sit on the edge with your legs dangling.
23. Another task with a cipher.
24. Secret task.
25. Have a meeting with a “whale.”
26. The curator tells you the date of your death and you have to accept it.
27. Wake up at 4:20 a.m. and go to rails (visit any railroad that you can find).
28. Don’t talk to anyone all day.
29. Make a vow that “you’re a whale.”